Weight loss story: This girl lost 27 kilos by following Keto diet!admin
Being overweight takes a toll on your confidence levels and the way you feel about yourself. From not being able to fit into the clothes of your size to facing unsolicited comments on a daily basis, the battle with extra kilos is not only physical but a psychological one as well. Something similar happened with 21-year-old Honey Sheth, who was tired of being body shamed because of the way she looked. She decided to turn her life by watching what she ate. Know how she lost 27 kilos!
Name: Honey Sheth
Age: 21 years
Height: 5 feet 8 inches
Highest weight recorded: 94 kgs
Weight loss: 27 kgs
The duration it took me to lose weight: 2 years
How did your family support you throughout the journey of weight loss?
- My family has been really supportive during my entire journey! They gave me a chance to reinvent myself and made sure that they were there for me whenever I needed them. There were days when I felt immensely weak and felt like giving up, and on such days they supported me one hundred percent by reminding me of my strengths.
How has losing weight changed your life?
- People associate weight loss with simply body fitness. While it is a factor of it, weight loss makes you feel so much better about yourself. Right from being on the top of your confidence in getting to dress stylishly, weight loss can make you feel on top of your game.
How do other people who criticized you, once for your weight, react now?
- while I’m sure they only wanted the best of me, they were all praises about my transformation and are really proud of me! They have played a major role in my weight loss journey in some way or the other since I wouldn’t have had the realization of being fat, without them.
What kept you motivated throughout the period when you had decided to lose weight?
- Like I said earlier, my parents were a huge factor in my transformation! Over and above that, I knew exactly what I wanted and didn’t stop for anything. Once you’re clear of your goal, nothing is difficult.
Tell us more about your keto diet plan.
- People say that Keto is not a good diet to follow, and has side effects but I’m happy to prove them wrong! Keto, being a difficult diet, can be a little hard to follow in the start since your body is exposed to Keto flu to get used to the new form of diet. Keto is said to be one of the most effective diets and a lifestyle. This popular diet is all about consuming good amount of protein and fats, and fewer carbs!
What were some of the problems initially when you started with your diet plan?
- Considering how your body usually breaks down Carbohydrates to turn into energy, Keto forces your body to break down fats to source the energy in your body. While adapting to the sudden change, your body is exposed to Keto flu which can be in the form of weakness, dizziness, fever and more. This process usually is on 3-5 days, you will feel more energetic than ever once you’re over the time period.
How important is the workout for you? How much time do you devote to it?
- The Workout is a must. Even if you follow the most difficult diets but don’t work out, it won’t really affect your body! Even a one your religious workout can do wonders. I usually go for one hour walks every day to give my body some necessary ‘Me’ time.
Isn’t following a strict diet difficult as a student when you find everyone around you having junk food?
- it can get really difficult seeing the amount of tempting food around you, especially when you’re a foodie. But at times like these, you can always find healthy alternatives. You can also plan your meals in a way where you can use a cheat day. As you see your progress towards weight loss, you’re more determined and will be less likely to cheat!
What are your future plans?
- While people say how the future is uncertain, it really isn’t when it comes to your health. As long as you follow diet and/or workout regularly, you pretty much control your future. I wish to be able to continue putting my body and mind over everything else, first and maintaining it!
How do you wish to inspire others with your story who have faced similar problems?
- It can be really difficult at the start but always believe in yourself, and know that you can achieve anything! With strong determination and will power, anyone can change their lives and I hope sharing my story can be a motivation to a few people out there.
Source: Times of India.
Link :- https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/weight-loss/weight-loss-story-this-girl-lost-27-kilos-by-following-keto-diet-know-her-complete-diet-plan/articleshow/70295213.cms?fbclid=IwAR1itFeQJ1WdPSAEu4K7-dI_xUxUBHu0zyBP0fRrA_jnhCWs4sNqqMPuilU&from=mdr